This is done through a range of theory and practical topics including:
- Invasion Games (AFL, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, Touch Football, Sofcrosse, European Handball, Gridiron, Hockey, Basketball)
- Net/Court Games (Volleyball, Badminton, Tennis)
- Striking/Fielding Games (Cricket, Softball, Teeball, Baseball)
- Dance and Gymnastics
- Athletics and Cross Country
- Diversity and Respect
- What is health?
- Who am I?
- Risky Business
- Change and Challenge
- Power and Protection
- Minimising Harm
- Being a Health Consumer
- Sexual Health
- Drugs and Road Safety
Many associates and teachers of the College are members of the ‘Bega Valley Advocates for Timor Leste’. Through this association our students have come to gain an interest in the Natabora region of Timor Leste. This interest has led to the College taking a group of students to Timor Leste twice in the past four years. Visits have been set up every 2 years where students visit, learn more about the culture, dabble with the Tetan language and visit all the schools in the Natabora district. During these visits, the students ,in pairs teach English to a class of up to 30 students for a period of 2 hours. Volley Ball and games of soccer are also organised. To date students raise money to buy sports equipment for all the schools they visit. Timor is a developing country that Sapphire Coast Anglican College is proud to be a associated with.
Barters & Butchers Elective- Hard at work building chicken tractors and caring for calves.
Year 7 Mrs Winterflood’s class completed their French regions research and had a celebration of French food from various regions of France.
Year 7 2015 Camp
The Colours of Chemistry!
Year 11 Chemistry recently investigated the colours of metal salt compounds and voila!!!!
Thanks to the P&F who provided the blackout blinds for the science labs to make this possible.
PDHPE at SCAC gives students opportunities that:
- engage and challenge them to maximise their talents and capabilities.
- develop positive self-concepts
- prepare them for effective participation in society
- explore issues that impact their health and wellbeing – including physical activity, mental health, drug use, relationships, sexual health, nutrition and personal safety.
- develop movement, communication, decision-making, interacting, planning and problem solving skills